Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2005/11/29

Best method of contraception

I would like to know what the best method of contraception is. I afraid of taking the pill as I have a family history of strokes and high blood pressure. How safe is the withdrawal method if you have been using it for a long time with no pregnancies occuring? Should I consider sterilization as I have one child and we have no intentions of having more.

Perhaps you could consider the Mirena. This is as safe as a sterilisation.
Withdrawal is not a very safe method.

2
Posted by: CB | 2005/11/30

Everyone is different. You'll need to speak to your gynea to find the best option for you. I had the marina and had really negative side effects, so I think this is something individual to everyone.
Your doc can go through all the different options with you so that you can decide.

Reply to CB
Posted by: Karen | 2005/11/29

The withdrawal method is really not effective, please do not even consider it! The injection can cause serious vaginal dryness, so you could try it as long as you are aware of what the possible side effects are! Try the Mirena, it's almost like an IUD, but without the side effects, I am so happy with mine, as are my friends. Good luck.

Reply to Karen