Posted by: Snoekie | 2008/09/08

Best infertility expers in Pretoria

Good day,

My husband had a vasectomy 10 years ago- he has 2 children. I have no children. I have a normal menstrual cycle.

We know that reversal of vasectomy is no guarantee that it will work. We think that doing it the " artificial"  why might be the best if you look at money est. We might do the reversal and it does not work and then we have spent all that money that we could have used for artificial insemination. We have decided that we will try twice. We know that there is only a one in 4 chance of success. .

As it is costly we do not want to go to the most experience practitioner attending to cases like ours. Who in the Pretoria or Gauteng area is the best to approach for the artificial approach?

Dear Snoekie

I agree with you that you have a better chance of conception using IVF with ICSI in somebody who has had a previous vasectomy in terms of success rates. It will be unethical for me to recommend a fertility clinic in Pretoria or Gauteng, however I suggest your see your gynaecologist so he can refer you to the appropriate clinic.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

Dr Richardt Joubert at PTA East hospital, is also very good and i was successful with him .

Posted by: RIANA | 2008/09/09

I am with Dr Hogewind - his treatments is very affordable
012 3475211

Reply to RIANA | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/04

Hi Riana. Affordable can you give us estimation. I am thinking of doing icsi

Posted by: Foxy | 2008/09/09

Hey there

I am also with Dr. Pentz at Kloof Hospital.

Reply to Foxy
Posted by: K | 2008/09/09

Dr Pentz at Kloof Hospital.

Reply to K
Posted by: anon | 2008/09/08

There is a very good fertility doc at Wilgers Hospital in Pretoria - his name is Dr. Niemandt - people from all over go to him

Reply to anon