Question
Posted by: Gregt | 2004/09/28

best gym routine to lose fat and gain muscle?

well live and active lifestyle. run between 5-10km four times a week, do a gym routine alternating every other day between upper-body and lower-body. swim 1.5km every second day. plus play social/league hockey.

is my diet incorrect, i've been training with this routine for the last month, but have not taken any supplements like creatine/protien shakes or muscle build. i weigh 83kg but still seem to carry a little extra 'Puppy fat'. what shall i be doing?? thanks

Expert ImageBodybuilding

IC, Help,

Thank you!

Gregt,

The best advice that I can give you in this situation is to consult a dietician. I spoke to one of my previous clients yesterday after not seeing her for three years-when I last saw her she looked good but was carrying a bit of excess fat. When I saw her yesterday she looked really good and attributed the change to the dietician I referred her to.

What people don't fully realise is that nutrition plays a massive role in our bodies in our attaining, or lack of, attaining our workout goals.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

2
Posted by: Help | 2004/10/07

Loose fat - easy,
gain weight - almost as easy,
gain muscle - haha
all three - well good luck!

Reply to Help
Posted by: IC | 2004/10/05

Sounds like you are very active.So your caloric needs will be much higher than usuall.

Try adding a protein shake immediately after training .
You know , if your caloric needs are not met ,your body will store some food as energy(fat), so make sure of your eating habits.

(eat 6-8 smaller meals a day)

Reply to IC