Question
Posted by: Tess77 | 2005/07/11

Best Friend & affair

my best friends husband is having a fling for last 3months. How cant she see it. Do I do theright thing & tell her or should I stay out ofit. I think she should be told and am angry at him for doing this.

It's a matter of judgement and of your own moral sense. You'd want to make sure that this is indeed happening, and not mere rumour, before deciding to tell her. Jemma's point is valid, as are those of KC and Dove.

6
Posted by: Tess77 | 2005/07/11

Thanx I am 110% sure and was thinking along the lines of an email or sms but she should know for sure.

Reply to Tess77
Posted by: Dove | 2005/07/11

You owe it to her to let her about his affair, maybe write her a letter, if you can't tell her face to face which would be better

Reply to Dove
Posted by: KC | 2005/07/11

I think she should know. Even if you do it anonomously - create an e-mail account, those free sms's from the internet.

The best would be to tell her to her face, but if you cant handle that, i would say find another way to tell her.

what would you want her to if the roles were reversed??

Reply to KC
Posted by: Shoulder | 2005/07/11

I think you should just keep quite, as you know that love is blind especially on us women. Men have the tendency of knowing that we love them too much and at the end of the day if you tell your freind you might end up in the boiling water as things might turn around. So i'd suggest that you keep quite until she catches him herself.

Reply to Shoulder
Posted by: Tess77 | 2005/07/11

thats what I am scared of if it comes from me. Maybe icould get someone else to phone her and break it to her? Its only right that she knows what with HIV around and other STD's. Its wrong what he's doing.

Reply to Tess77
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/07/11

Once you've made 100% sure of your facts, I think you must tell her. But also be warned that you might come out being the bad one and not her husband. She might not believe you and the husband might convince her that you are jelous of their relationship and that you are actually in love with him. Sounds redicioulous but belive me, a man in trouble will pull out all the stops to save his own ass.

Good luck.

Reply to Jemma