Question
Posted by: joey | 2005/07/14

Best diet to follow

Hallo, I am a 56 year old woman. I suffer from osteoporosis, high blood presure, diabetic, athiritis and high colesterol. I had a tripple bypass last year and need help with my diet. My diabetic recipe book has high colesterol values. My low colesterol recipe books has high carb values. What is the excepted values for fats, carbs, proteiens, and calories? I am confused as to which one I must follow. I'm really struggling with my weight and need to loose weight urgently. I was on a high proteien diet, but has too many side-effects. PLEASE ADVICE

Dear Joey
I can't imagine that a good diabetic cookbook contains recipes with high cholesterol ! Seeing that you have such a complex set of conditions, please do try and consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in the treatment of all your conditions. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your diabetes and other conditions such as overweight, high cholesterol, high bp, osteoporosis, and arthritis into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on foods with a low glycaemic index (GI) and low fat and cholesterol.

2
Posted by: Ani | 2005/07/15

Go and see a registered Dietician. You have chronic illness and a dietician can help you design a diet that is helpfull for you as a individual. You can usually claim from medical aid.

Reply to Ani
Posted by: Zaza | 2005/07/15

Go on Weigh-less. It's healthy and teaches you good eating habits.

Reply to Zaza