Question
Posted by: Matt | 2003/01/16

Best Diet?

My girlfriend and I have been following a diet similar to the Body For Life version. We eat 3 meals a day with 2 protein shakes in between. For breakfast we have either All Bran Flakes or Wholewheat toast with slices of tomato. Lunch consists of pasta or rice and canned fish (either tuna or salmon) or chicken with tomato mix. For supper we have lean meat with lots of veggies and salad but no or little starches. We also eat fruit throughout the day. We also go to gym 5-6 times a week and alternate between cardiovascular and weight training exercises. Yet we don't seem to see any changes in our bodies. Is there any part of our diet we could improve or are we just being impatient?

Dear Matt
Except for a lack of high calcium foods (milk and dairy products - use the low-fat versions), your diet seems adequate. You don't mention what you are trying to achieve! Weight loss or muscle growth or what? If you are not losing weight then you may already be in the normal range and your bodies will resists losing more weight. If you are trying to build muscles then you need to give it some time.
Take care