Question
Posted by: Mark | 2007/06/06

Best combo for weight loss

In a week or so I will be getting back to gym. I have about 25kg to loose. I have a weigh-less plan, and I was giving a program at gym.

10 mins bike, 10 stepping, 10 rowing, 10 treadmill (for 2 weeks) and then a circuit one to.

I would like to know, in conjunction with the eating plan, would one loose weight faster using the above training method, or doing spinning 4 times a week, as I will also only do the above 4 times a week.

Hi Mark

It depends on how long that break was, and how fit you were before you began. I will assume that the lay off was quite long and that you've been off gym and exercise for a while. That's the safe assumption, because this determines what level you START at, and it's always better to start very easy.

If this is the case, then I believe that the better use of your time is to do spinning twice a week, and the circuit in combination with the 10 minutes twice a week. I don't know if you have enough time for this though. Perhaps if you only have 1 hour a day, then the best is three cardio sessions, which is either spinning, or your 10 minute combination (whichever you prefer or enjoy the most), and one day of circuit work. As you get fitter and lose some weight, then maybe the circuit will become more important and you can work at increasing lean mass. But I would focus initially on cardio. Remember that you will be tired at first, if you are going it relatively unfit. It's not easy to just go straight in at 40 minutes, so don't worry if you have to cut it at 30 minutes, that is fine. As long as you are working up to this programme, it's fine.

1
Posted by: Mike | 2007/06/06

How long have you been off gym for ??
How many days a week do you gym ??
I would do circuit 3x per week mon wed frid.
Then spinning and the 10,10,10,10 on alternate days.

Reply to Mike