Question
Posted by: James | 2004/01/10

best antioxidant pill on the market

Can you please tell me which is the BEST antioxidant supplement tablet on the market. There are many advertised but I really need the BEST to help fight the problem. I have bought Vit.E capsules so long but need to get something that is going to give all the antioxidants needed. Will antioxidants help fight cancer and how often can my wife take them

Dear James
Because vitamins tend to work in combination with other vitamins (e.g. the B complex vitamins work best when you have adequate intakes of all of these vitamins) and/or minerals (you need vit C for optimum use of iron), it is usually a good idea to use a complete vitamin and mineral supplement such as Centrum or Supradyn. Antioxidants combined with a low-fat diet which concentrates on fresh fruit and vegetables, should provide the best protection. Never exceed the recommended dose of a vitamin and/or mineral supplement - more is not better. If the recommendation is one tablet a day, then this is the dose you need to use.