Question
Posted by: Angeline | 2007/12/18

Benzyl Benzoate

Hi, can you please tell me if it is safe to repeatedly cover the body with Benzyl Benzoate Application for bites on the body that itch terribly and spread. One doc said it was scabies and now another says it is bird lice, I am out of my mind, itching is awful and in the elbow joints (inner) I hace these longish red marks. We were away a few weeks ago and it started after that !

Dear Angeline
Usually only once is recommended - in severe cases you can repeat after 24 hours.
See http://dermatology.about.com/od/skindiseases/tp/rash_itch.htm
Have you seen a dermatologist? Sometimes they need to take a skin scraping or biopsy to make a diagnosis?