Question
Posted by: Candy | 2008/05/30

Benefits of Hot water with Lemon Juice

Dear Diet Doc.

I am currently on a diet, I need to loose around 60kgs.

It says that I have to drink a glass of hot water with a squirt of lemon juice before breakfast every morning. What does this do? I was just curious, because some people say it helps you loose weight, others say it helps you not feel hungry, and then some people say it is a waste of time.

I would appreciate it very much if you could shed some light on this for me.

Thank you very much!!

Dear Candy
Drinking water at any temperature with or without lemon will not assist with weight loss. The lemon juice will provide some vitamin C to your diet. Depending on the concentration of lemon juice you use, it can attack the enamel of your teeth, so do rinse your mouth with water or brush your teeth after drinking the lemon juice. If you need to lose 60 kg then I would recommend that you discuss the use of Xenical with your medical dr. Xenical is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition. As you start losing weight and become more mobile, combine the diet and the medication with daily exercise such as going for walks - increase how rapidly and far you walk as you get fitter.

5
Posted by: Varsha | 2016/07/25

Lamon water in the morning plus xenical should help... also get a calorie counter to measure what you are consuming during the day. Good luck

Reply to Varsha
Posted by: Candy | 2008/06/01

Dear Diet Doc.

Thank you for your advice. I have recently started taking my puppy for walks in the afternoons after work, but it's more him taking me for a walk than anything else. My tongue starts dragging 2 minutes into the walk so I am very very unfit. I will continue, though, and do as you suggested, to increase how rapidly and how far I walk as I get fitter and loose more weight.

Thank you again for your advice.

Reply to Candy
Posted by: Candy | 2008/05/30

SO SORRY!!! I meant Megan. My appologies!!

Reply to Candy
Posted by: Candy | 2008/05/30

Thank you, Mandy. That is some great info!

Thanx again. :)

Reply to Candy
Posted by: Megan | 2008/05/30

Warm lemon water serves as the perfect good morning drink, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier.

It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhoea from taking place, by ensuring smooth bowel functions.

One of the major health benefits of drinking lemon water is that it paves way for losing weight faster, thus acting as a great weight loss remedy. Lemon water flushes out body toxins and thus is extremely beneficial for the body.

Lemon, a fruit popular for its therapeutic properties, helps promote your immune system and thus, protects you from the clutches of most types of infections. It also plays the role of blood purifier.

Lemon is a fabulous antiseptic bestowed on us by Mother Nature. Limewater juice works wonders for people having heart problem, owing to its high potassium content.

So, make it a part of your daily routine to drink a glass of warm lemon water in the morning and then open your gateway to enjoy its health benefits.

Reply to Megan