Question
Posted by: jitter | 2004/10/19

benefits of herballife and apple juice

My boyfriend is a cyclist and wants to know the beneifits of herballife in his exercise routine as well as if the apple juice is aiding his diet. Are these benefit or detrimental to his training?

HI Jitter

I'm a sceptic about these products. I think that they are neither beneficial nor detrimental. They claim all sorts of miracles, but nothing is proven and so really, I don't think there is anything to the claims. Provided he is eating well and training smart, he will be fine on his usual diet. I don't think that these products will do anything bad (although this is speculation, because they are not tested), and so if he really believes they help, that's fine, but in my opinion, based on the science of what we know, there is not much advantage over and above the advantage of training and healthy eating.