Question
Posted by: Nicole | 2004/10/26

belly ring hole

I have been wearing a belly ring for the past 5 years and the hole has stretched bigger and the ring now sometimes falls through. The jeweller did not peirce the hole deep enough and there is a very thin peice if skin covering the belly ring. If I take the belly ring out will the hole close a little bit more?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nicole,

This is difficult to say without examining the area. Chances are that it would grow closed.

1
Posted by: yvette | 2004/10/28

Are you sure that the belly ring was in fact pierced incorrectly and that you body is actually not rejecting the ring.
I know this can happen as I have had mine pierced twice and both times my body has actually "worked' it out.
You should look up piercings, migration and rejection,on the internet there is a lot of info and advice on it. I found the websites very informative.
Aparantly if you damage it it can migrate and even work out even it you have had it for years.

Reply to yvette