Question
Posted by: D | 2004/02/23

Bells Palsy

What is the prognosis for Bells Palsy? This is the second time I have had (for about 4 weeks now) and it seems to be taking longer to clear up this time...

Any idea why?

D, it’s probably because something is pressing on the facial nerve somewhere. Whether it is bone pressing on the nerve or a swollen nerve pressing on the bone, I can’t say from this side of the screen. The best would be to see a neurologist and have it sorted out. People with Bell’s palsy almost always recover completely, so just hang in there. Good luck.

1
Posted by: sara | 2004/02/24

my sister had bells palsy when she was still a child.. they gave her a machine that puts little electirc shock thinkgs into the muscles of her face.... she never got it again... they said she got it from sleeping with a draft blowing on her face.... not sure if this is at all helpful.. just thought id add my two cents... hope u feel better soon.

Sara

Reply to sara