Question
Posted by: ma | 2004/10/21

bekommerde ma

ek vermoed my kind gebruik drugs sy erken dit kan jy vir my se na wat moet ek oplet of enige tekens het oordruppels enige iets met drugs te doen

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

well if you are aware that your daughter is using drugs because she has told you, it is best to ask her what she is using. How old is she? The only way you will really get the facts about what she is using is to take her for a drugs test. Firstly though, talk to her and let her know you are worried and why.

Signs of someone using drugs can vary hugely depending on the drug used and the person's individual response to the drug. Symptoms can range from mood swings, sleeping a lot, eating more to being overly happy, not sleeping and not eating. As I say it depends on the drug used.

A good place to get advice if you are in Cape Town is the Cape Town Drug Counselling Centre, and you can contact them on 021 447 8026. If you are elsewhere in SA they will be able to advise you of your nearest service.

Be open with your daughter, and encourage her to be the same. Anger and accusations tend to close down the communication.