Question
Posted by: Gen | 2007/02/23

Being Single

It's been 5 months since I've broke up with my ex-fiance. At the time I've broke up with him, I've felt betrayed, after all, he cheated on me and will soon be a father as far as I know. At times it gets to be single. I'm starting to heal after what happend. I've told myself that in the long run I would be better off without him. It's going to take some time to trust a guy again. I've promised myself that I would heal completely before entering into a relationship with a guy again since I'm turning 24 in 2 weeks time. I feel that I have my whole life in front of me and is currently focusing on my work and on my friends. I'm thinking about to go to Australia in 2 years time to go and work there for the reason to gain some work experience overseas and is currently saving for that. I'm starting to enjoy the singleness and the freedom that comes with it.

From the sound of it, you will indeed, surely, be much better off without him. Be sure you understand the lessons to be learned here --- not that men can't be trusted, but that this specific man can never be trusted emotionally.
Enjoy the freedom of single bliss, and take your time to build that excellent future you want and deserve

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2007/02/25

I have mixed feelings about being single. On the positive side, you don't have to answer to anybody for any decision you make, no matter how big it is, and you can come and go as you please. You don't have a partner or a family to consider, and if you want to get into your car and go somewhere, nobody can stop you.

However, there is the other side. Breaking off an engagement is almost as bad as a divorce. You and your ex-fiance really loved each ofther, I take it, and adjusting to life without a partner is not easy. This is especially true when you are invited to functions where having a partner is almost essential. You can avoid the situation by not going, but people will ask questions you might not be willing to answer. On the other hand, you are young enough to start over, and I really hope you find the right person. It is no longer socially unacceptable to be single at the age of 30 and over. it is becoming increasingly common to enjoy life in your 20's and settle down in your 30's. My wife and I were both over 30 when we got married.