Posted by: JSI | 2007/08/05

Being harassed by an anoymous caller

It's been 5 months now - I get up to 50 anonymous calls on my cell phone during the day and nite. My parents get just as much on their business lines. I cannot cope I feel so suffocated. This mad idiot says he saw me somewhere and I cast a spell on him. I've been to the police, called vodacom and telkom . The police aren't bothered and vodacom and telkom don't care. Sumtimes I speak to him to see if I'll recognise his voice - he wants to meet me and I just swear him in the hope he'll stop. I cannot sleep at night. This is totally destroying me. I run my business from home and he knows where I stay. I'm losing my mind, getting depressed, paranoid, scared! I wanted to trap him into meeting me and get the cops involved but I don't have the confidence to do it - I'm too scared even though I have the backing of family. This guy really sounds mentally ill. He's mentioned following me around the mall. Please Help me...I can't take this anymore.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

One's first thought is that you can change your phone number. But this sounds more like stalking ---I thought stalking was a criminal offense --- you need good legal advice. Maybe a lawyer's letter remining the phone companies and the police of their responsibilities and their legal liability if anything happened to you, might wake them up. Can you get itemized billing to get his phone number ? WOuld a court be interested to give you an interdict against him, which might require the phone company to reveal his identity and address ?

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anon | 2007/08/06

Just change your cell number he will then not be able to reach you. Firstly if this is true Vodacom will help you I don't know what stories you told them. My daughter has the almost the same problem and with one call vodacom suggested that she changed her phone number which we did end of problem. ( prepaid number are not so easy identifier)

Reply to Anon
Posted by: joey | 2007/08/06

Hmm - yeah well if it was just your cell phone which was the problem then you could just get a new number, but you say that he knows where you stay so this is not good. Maybe you should try a private detective firm if the police or phone companies dont want to help - just watch out though because they're not always reputable and they are costly so see if you can get a referral or something as you would'nt want to throw the money away on some fly-by-night unprofessional outfit. Maybe this will help solve the problem. Good luck

Reply to joey

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.