Question
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/29

Being happy

I'm feeling so excited today... and I want the world to be happy with me... and I want everyone I love to understand how much I love them... I've hardly done any work today... I have ordered lots of flowers for some special people in my life... and for some people who aren't part of my life as such, but who deserve to feel specia!!..l.. I've booked next weekend away for me and my man...
I bought gifts for my niece who is expecting her first child and can't wait to pop in there tonight to give them to her...
I've arranged a few other little surprises for people... and I still feel like I have to do something to get rid of all this excitement.......

I am thinking about an earlier post on love and how the person had never experienced love in her life.... I want everyone special to me to KNOW that I love them... and to FEEL loved......

knowing that part of all this actually my mental illness makes it all seem so false somehow........but I don't know how to stop........

Hi ...
That this outpouring of love and affection and generosity is probably related to your illness is unfortunate, but doesn't make it any less genuine --- but of course indictes a need for caution, as this could rapidly become too expensive and too expansivfe, to be wise. I do hope you will be able to see your own psychiatrist soon, and if you have any tabs left from the medications he/she prescribed for you during the previous manic episode, perhaps you could start taking them again in the same doses ? Maybe if the appointment is only in a coupla days, you might phone him/her for emergency advice, and perhaps arrange to pick up an prescription to get started on treatment before the main appointment.