Question
Posted by: Confused | 2006/11/13

Being bi is popular?

I think it's much worse than it sounds. One of my friends considers himself bisexual, and he's hurt all the persons he's dated so far.

Pop culture, according to the Tyra Banks show, dictated that being bisexual is cool, espesially if you're a girl. a Guest on the show said she used to be bisexual. I can understand it to a certain extent, but they were only discussing sex. THAT to me is not bisexualism.

I think, like with my friend, that people are just saying it to be cool and opening themselves for a lot of hurt. One of my other friends is really bisexual and she understands that it's not just sex.

Why is society so focused on sex? is it because we don't have anything better to do in our spare time? I think it's a total mockery of our lives if people go saying they're gay, bi or lesbian just to be cool. It's sick.

How many of us find it easy to say that you're gay? And now this. I know I'm gay, but I don't go telling the world on an audition video for an American talk show. I mean really. And the most shocking for me was they were all 17 and younger, sexually active, and probibly have never heard of the differances of sexual orientation, and just plain sex.

I'm angry and I'm nervous for our future as a world.
;-(

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi again Confused and thanks for this interesting post. How're you doing?