Question
Posted by: C-Max | 2007/08/01

Before you pull the trigger . . .

Attempted Suicides

No national surveillance data on attempted suicide are available; however, reliable scientific research has found that:

There are an estimated eight to 25 attempted suicides to one completion; the ratio is higher in women and youth and lower in men and the elderly.

The strongest risk factors for attempted suicide in adults are depression, alcohol abuse, cocaine use, and separation or divorce.

The strongest risk factors for attempted suicide in youth are depression, alcohol or other drug use disorder, and aggressive or disruptive behaviors.

The majority of suicide attempts are expressions of extreme distress that need to be addressed, and not just a harmless bid for attention. A suicidal person should not be left alone and needs immediate mental health treatment.

Sorry, but this is becoming obsessional rather than helpful. Cool it. I will be deleting some of your posts, as you are currently overloading and dominating the forum.

3
Posted by: FUC | 2007/08/01

Nice reply, C-Max. Seeing as how you have been through this, one would think you would stop to think about what you say before you open your mouth and spew garbage! Think about the feelings of the ones left behind!! Have a heart buddy, Think before you send that next message!! To date we still have no answers as to why he did it!!! Tends to fester like an open wound!!

Reply to FUC
Posted by: C-Max | 2007/08/01

Hey FUC, fiy, I have attempted suicide a couple of times and know exactly what you feel and think when on the brink. So please, don't comment if you have no idea. Ok? Thank you.

Reply to C-Max
Posted by: Fed Up with C-max | 2007/08/01

You go DOC!!! Enough of the blittering idiot that has no clue as to the shock and trauma of suicide!!! No matter how hard you try stopping/helping someone that wants to commit suicide, they will try and try again until they succeed. Personal experiance, lost my father to suicide two years ago. Alcohol abuse!! C-Max, once you have walked a mile in someone elses shoes, then you can comment about such things!!

Reply to Fed Up with C-max