Question
Posted by: Sister Zazi | 2005/06/28

Been on TB treatment and falling pregnant

Hi people can you please help me my friend was diagonised with TB last year and she was on medication for 6months and now she completed her treatment in May/April so she wants to start a family so she needs to know if the treatment has any effect to her being pregnant and i told her that i know about this forum so she said i should ask this question coz she does not have access to internet please help.

I really need ur input on this one please.

I wish I knew, sister Zazi, but I'm not familiar with the possible TB treatments and their possible impact on pregnancy. I would think that if she has finished the treament, and is clear of TB, there shouldn't be any problem with a pregnancy starting now --- but you'd best ask my colleague Cyberdoc about this, or maybe also Gynaedoc