Question
Posted by: Given up | 2007/11/28

"Bed wetting" dog

I know this must sound strange but I have three dogs. all three sleep in the house and end up on the bed inthe middle of the night while we are sleeping.

My problem is that my pitbull (he is nearly 1) wets the bed in his sleep. The first time he did it he was very little and we thought that maybe he was just too tired to get up and so did it in his sleep.

But it still happens. Please help me. My boyfriend won't let the dogs sleep outside and they won't stay off the bed.

What do I do?

The easiest is to close the door so the dogs won't come into the bedroom. Also provide paper on which the can go during the night. Take them out late at night and even get up during the night to take them for another walk.

4
Posted by: Sandra | 2007/12/11

My boxer bitch had the same problem. The vet prescribed phenylpropanolanmien. You can give it indefinetly. It worked wonders and at the moment her dosage is down to 1ml every second night. I pour it on her pellets, therefore I dont have any problems getting it into her.

Reply to Sandra
Posted by: Carol | 2007/11/28

Sounds like a bladder infection , Blaah is right a visit to the vet is called for

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Me | 2007/11/28

Wouldnt be able to give advice on the bedwetting. But what helped getting my doggies of the bed is to confine them to either the kitchen or the lounge so theyre still inside but of the bed :-) worked wonders for me

Reply to Me
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/11/28

my female huskey used to wet herself whe she slept a while ago
we found out it was a hormone problem
an she was put on pills to fix it
it also started as a little then it go more and more

some dogs lose control of thier bladders for many reasons

i wld suggestphoning you vet
or taking the dog to te vet
to be on the safe side

it is not necessary to put a dog to sleep for somthing that can b fixed so easily as a couple of pills

Reply to Blaah