Question
Posted by: Kosmos | 2008/06/03

Bed Wetting

My 14-year old son still wets his bed almost every night. Is there something we can buy over the counter to help him or should he see a specialist.

I remind him daily not to drink anything from 18:00 onwards & he does set an alarm for ± 11:30 to go to the bathroom. However he does not always wake up when the alarm goes off.

I'm sure that this has a huge impact on his confidence as he doesn't make friends easily & he started high scool as well.

Please help?

Thanks!

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

yes I would recommend that your take your son to see a Paediatrician to find out from them whether your sons condition requires medication. Sometimes the condition has a physical basis and sometimes it is emotional. So if the Paediatrician cannot find a physical cause they will probably suggest you see a psychologist who wuld be able to assist.