Posted by: Kosmos | 2008/06/03

Bed Wetting


My 14-year old son still wets his bed almost every night. Is there something we can buy over the counter to help him or should he see a specialist.

I remind him daily not to drink anything from 18:00 onwards & he does set an alarm for ± 11:30 to go to the bathroom. However he does not always wake up when the alarm goes off.

I'm sure that this has a huge impact on his confidence as he doesn't make friends easily & he started high scool as well.

Please help?


Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

yes I would recommend that your take your son to see a Paediatrician to find out from them whether your sons condition requires medication. Sometimes the condition has a physical basis and sometimes it is emotional. So if the Paediatrician cannot find a physical cause they will probably suggest you see a psychologist who wuld be able to assist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.