Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/18

Becoming Desperate and Irritated with me

Hi CS and others,
Sorry if not yet positive and if becoming irritating, I am irritating myself. I feel like I am on a rollercoaster ride to nowhere and I am not sure if I should call my psychologist or wait till I see her later this week. I am not coping with the stopping of consuming alcohol and the bf isn't really helping with this as he said he would. I am not sure what I expected from him but I need someone's help to stop. I don't want to go into rehab as I don't think it is necessary but I know I have to stop but can't seem to, I want to feel euphoric and just relax. I really overdid it yesterday, nothing happened at least, I was as calm as could be and nothing seemed to upset me or get to me but it is worrisome, don't have any after affects except for the tiredness. Who should I talk to about this? Really need help. Had gone a whole week without hurting myself, except for small things but ...... ja.

Sounds like you're feeling reluctant to take responsibility for stopping the booze, ( or doing the job ) and wanting others to intervene and take charge. Don't you really need to do that yourself ? Even if bf was a perfect, fully trained shrink, you'd still need to cope when he wasn't available, and in the long run, on your own ?

2
Posted by: Curious | 2004/10/18

Where are your children (if you have any) when you feel so down, sounds like you do this because your lonely.

Reply to Curious
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/10/18

Decided to phone psychologist, left message, will wait and see. Not able to concentrate on the work, don't want to. I am becoming increasingly nervous about this, don't want to do job and snap at bosses when ask for something.......

Reply to Beyond Tired