Posted by: Debbie Bruyns | 2013/02/11

Becoming a dietitian

Good day. Is it possible to become a registered dietitian by studying Bachelor of Consumer Science, Food and Nutrition through Unisa and doing your honors in Dieticts?
I would really love to pursue a career as a dietitian but as a single mother working full time it is impossible for me to go to university full time.
Thank you very much and looking forward to your reply.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Debbie
I must admit that I don't know if the B-degree offered by UNISA in Consumer Science, Food and Nutrition, will permit you to become a registered dietitian. Please phone ADSA Head Office at: (011) 061-5000 during office hours and ask if the UNISA degree is suitable or not. If not, ask the information officer at ADSA what universities and Technikons offer degrees that lead to the career as a registered dietitian.
Wishing you the best for your future career.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.