Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2005/11/18

Beatle in Ear

Last night a beatle crawled into my wife's ear. The doctor could not get it out. She is on the way to hospital now. They say she may need to go in for surgery if they cant get it out. How serious is the problem. I am starting to wory. Can a beatle get past her ear drum.

Anonymous, it isn’t serious at all, but removing it maybe very painful. The will remove it under anaesthetic and that will be the end of it. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Whoa | 2005/11/20

Geeeez, I thought this was urban legend. We were just discussing this very scenario last week. Scary stuff.

Reply to Whoa
Posted by: AAA | 2005/11/18

Ouch, this happened to a friend of mine at a braai one evening. Very uncomfortable. The eardrum is protected by a thin membane. I assume the beatle is dead by now. If he was still alive then you have big problems. Because of the hooks on their feet they can only go forward - very painful. I'm not sure if it can cause damage, but I do know it is hell!!

Reply to AAA