Question
Posted by: Flo | 2005/12/04

BBT- concern

At what temp should ones BBT be from D1.
Mine always seem to be very low (35.9) and rarely goes above 36.2. Is this "normal" as my friend's generally start at about 36.3/36.4 and rises to a peak to 36.8/36.9.

We are both trying to conceive, but our readings are so different?

What is the reason for this?

Dear Flo

BBT is very subjective and would vary according to day to day situations. Idealy, it should be done at the same time every day, preferably in the morning before getting out of bed. It also depends on the method of measurement as electronic thermometer devices tend to be less accuarte or less reliable than the old mercury method. BBt by itself is a very unreliable method of assesing ovulation and should be discouraged.

I would consider more sensitive methods such as urinary LH detection kits such as CLEARPLAN which is inexpensive and will give you a far better indication of your ovulation dates and ovulation times.

1
Posted by: just me | 2005/12/06

I am interested in the answer 'cause mine starts off as 35.3 and peaks at 36.

Reply to just me