Question
Posted by: Ervine | 2003/01/16

basic diet for a man of 63 who is overweight

I would like to be informed about a diet for myself. I am 63 years of age, and I weigh 94KGS. I am on DIAMICRON OR GENERIC - 2 tablets twice daily and GLUCOPHAGE 500mls - also twice daily. Two of each tablet before breakfast and before dinner. I take my blood readings every 4 days. Over a month, my blood readings average is 9.1.

Dear Ervine
Because of your diabetic problems, I would like to refer you to a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings) for the name and address of your nearest dietitian), who will work out a diet which promotes weight loss and helps for the diabetes. Once you start losing weight, it is a good idea to start doing some regular exercise like brisk walking, BUT check with your doctor first before you start.