Question
Posted by: Angie | 2007/03/07

Basal Body Temp

I have been BBT charting for the last 4 months. This month after ovulation, my temp went up to 36.7 and for the past 12 days it has been constant at 36.7. Is it possible to have a constant temp and be pregnant? or does you temp have to move up and down through the cycle?

Dear Angie

In the first instance I do not subscribe to the method of basal body temp. for the monitoring of ovulation since this matter has been replaced by much more accurate and sensitive ovulation monitoring kits such as the urine LH testing kits, for eg CLEARPLAN AND CLEARBLUE.
In general, in the presence of a pregnancy, BBT will remain elevated and not fluctuate.