Question
Posted by: Kinky | 2004/11/04

Bartholins Gland

About 3 years ago I had an inflammed batholins cyst. I was given antibiotics by a gynae and it burst eradicating all the muck blocked inside. Last week I noticed in the very same area of the previous inflammation, a lump has formed again which has a very tender pink hot surface. Do the bartholins cysts reoccur? what causes the inflammation of this cyst? I do also have a tendency to get boils on the top of my vaginal area. What causes this?

Bartholin''s cysts do often recur. This is due to a blockage in the duct of the glands. You should probably have a formal drainage this time. If you are having recurrent boils, perhaps you should check your sugar and HIV status.