Question
Posted by: Lou | 2004/11/12

bartholin abcess

I have had marsupilization operation on both bartholin glands', I have had further anti-biotics and drainage but it has still come back.
I recently went off triphasil pill and the abcess did not flare up, could there be a connection and any further help as I am at my wits end.

The Pill does not cause or worsen Bartolin's abscesses. Hopefully all will be well after the drainage. They do not usually recur after a marsupialisation.

1
Posted by: dr anonymous | 2004/11/12

Firstly, was any of the pus from the drained abscess sent for Microscopy & culture? Because, the ususal causative agent is Gonococcal & Chlamydial germs both of whic are sexually transmitted.
If it is correctly marsupialised it is unlikely to recur, unless your partner is re-infecting you on the other gland.
There is no association with the pill & the infection in the gland.

Reply to dr anonymous