Question
Posted by: Dee | 2007/07/24

bariatric surgery

hi doc, i've just read this article and i am really interested in finding out more about this operation. I am obese and I have a pulmonary embolism disease. Would it be safe and how do i go about having one. I am on warfarin.

thank you

Dear Dee
I will also give more details about bariatric surgery in the coming week in part II of this series of articles, so keep an eye on the Diet site. If you are interested in having this type of operation then you need to find out if a surgeon in your area does these ops and make an appointment to be assessed. The surgeon will determine if you are eligible for bariatric surgery and if your pulmonary embolism disease is a contraindication or not. You can contact the Secretariate of the Association of Surgeons of SA at: 0860-7874366 to find out which surgeons in which areas do bariatric surgery.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/07/25

thank you so much i definitely will find out more about this.

Reply to Dee