Question
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/05/18

Barbar being a bee with an inch

now my middle doggie Barushka is giving me trouble
and just the other day i was singing her praises.

she is a 5 year old spayed female chow cross
she has always had an issue with male dogs, but is more controled on a leash.

now we have been letting my doggies sort out the pecking order for themselves, which has been working out fine.

the issue now is that Barbar has taken up attacking puppy for nothing now, first it was occasionally, like if he came to her while she is sleeping, eating or just irrated, but it wasn't too often.

lately she is going for him if he just walks pass or even if he is in the same room, the issue heightens if i am near by as in she does it more often when i am there.

now all my doggies are mommy stuck, and she is my baby... but i don't allow jealousy and will get up ad leave if they struggle for my attention.

now without fussing etc how do i sort out her and lycan's 'relationship'.

he is already starting to react back, but nothing serious, he is just lifting lip ans stands ground instead of running away as he used to. he is going to be a big deal bigger than her when he grows up and i don't wat him to turn on her at that stage.

he is still too young to fix

she goes for him quiet viciously (sp)

any suggestions

p.s. she went for rogue te other night while rogue and lycan were playing, she has never shown any agression towards rogue before

Sounds as if she is jealous and does not know how to respond to the others any more. She is going to need some training - you may need help with this from a behaviour counsellor.