Question
Posted by: aya | 2007/12/05

Baked beans

I'm trying to losing a bit of weight. for Lunch today I had canned baked beans...is this good for me and my weight loss.
I didn't have the whole can...i had about 8 spoons and i feel fine...i will follow with beetroot later when i feel hungry....

Dear Aya
You can use legumes (dry, cooked or canned beans, peas or lentils or soya products) as useful foods to lose weight because they have a low fat content and a high dietary fibre content plus plenty of plant protein and vitamins and minerals. On top of that legumes have a low-GI. An excellent lunch is to eat half a can of baked beans on wholewheat, rye or seedbread with a light salad.
Enjoy