Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/07/14

bags under the eyes

i am black 50 year old women and have developed bags under my eyes. What can you recommend

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my answer.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as the development of bags under the eyes has a number of causes and therefore different treatment options. Possible causes include a loss of fat in the tear trough and mid cheek (dermal fillers may be used); a loss of ligamentous support (surgery may be indicated); or fat that has dropped from the lower eyelid (surgery may be indicated); or a combination of these. Following from this your best option would be to consult a plastic surgeon or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the area and advise you on the best treatment options.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.