Question
Posted by: Ruaan | 2004/01/25

Bad Stomach

I have a problem with my stomach. I need to go to the bathroom a lot. I am still in school so it is a big problem for me. I did drink fybogel for a time, but it didn't help. We thought it could be stress so I drank nerve tonic from herbex but that doesn't help. What can cause bad stomach? Could it be dairy?

Dear Ruaan
I can't work out if you are constipated or if you have constant diarrhoea? If you suffer from the latter, then it is very important to have a medical checkup because diarrhoea can be caused by so many different things - food allergies, stress, spastic colon, Crohn's disease, infections, etc, etc. The dr will do allergy tests if these are indicated and once we have the results we can look at dietary changes. Self-diagnosis of food allergies is self-defeating as you may cut out the wrong foods and end up with deficiencies. So go for that checkup ASAP.