Question
Posted by: STINKY | 2006/10/31

BAD STINKY BREATH

HI DOC! I HAVE VERY BAD BREATH, HAD IT ALL MY LIFE. I'M IN MY 20'S, I BRUSH TWICE DAILY, USE MOUTH WASHES ETC. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IT IS NOT A DENTAL PROBLEM. I READ ABOUT PEOPLE LACKING DIGESTIVE ENZYMES THAT CAUSE HALITOSIS. MY FOOD TAKES FOREVER TO DIGEST, I DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS, AND IS ALWAYS CONSTIPATED. CUD THIS BE THE REASON? I'VE BEEN TO A DOC, HE GAVE ME TABS THAT MADE ME THROW UP MORE BILE IN THE MORNING. I HAVE GIVEN UP HOPE IN SORTING THIS PROBLEM. I HAVE NO SOCIAL LIFE, NO FREINDS, AND MY RELATIONSHIPS DON'T LAST COS OF IT. I HAVE BECOME A DEPRESSED PERSON. I CHEW GUM(AIRWAVES)24/7. CUD THIS BE A PROBLEM WITH MY INSIDES. SOMETIMES WHEN I SWALLOW I GET THIS DIGUSTING TASTE. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I HOPE YOU CUD HELP. WHAT IS SAD IS THAT I AM A FEMALE, I DO NOT SMOKE OR EAT FOODS THAT ARE GONNA WORSEN IT AND IS EMBARRASED ABOUT IT. PLEASE HELP. I AM TIRED OF BEEN LEFT OUT, TALKED ABOUT, OR INSULTED.

Dear Stinky
You will have to have some medical tests - at least a gastroscopy, an ENT examination by a specialist and a dental check up if these tests are all normal. The smell can come from your stomach, your lungs, your liver, your teeth, your tonsils or sinuses or your tongue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halitosis