Question
Posted by: Lin | 2004/10/09

Bad odour from belly button

I am very hygienic, but I have a terribly embarresing problem that I do not have the courage to talk to my doctor about. The hole in my belly button is very deep in. I clean it regularly, but cannot reach till right inside. I bath in disinfectant and blow it dry with the hairdryer to get it as dry as possible after bathing. It still seem to trap sweatiness and can really smell bad at the end of the day. What should I do? Is there any cream or antiseptic ointment you could recommend to prevent this?

Lin, it might be that you have an infection or a skin disorder right at the bottom and this has nothing to do with cleanliness. The best would be to first see your doctor and make sure it is not the case. If you want to use something first, you can clean it with diluted tea tree oil and then apply Bactroban® cream (at least twice a day). Good luck.

2
Posted by: Lea | 2004/10/11

Yes I agree with Pam, but put some vaseline in then use the cotton bud to clean it, and also to keep it dry.

Reply to Lea
Posted by: Pam | 2004/10/10

Try a cotton bud to clean it.

Reply to Pam