Question
Posted by: smelly | 2007/12/04

Bad odour

Hi Doc, This is very embarrassing but I feel I have to speak to you, as it is becoming a problem..

I have a horrible smell coming from my vagina. There is also sometimes a whitish discharge. I am a hygiene freak so I shower twice a day, which doesn't help.

I am on the pill but haven't been taking it religiously. I have on a few occasions skipped a day then taken two the following day. Could this be the cause of it. I'm not pregnant or have any pains during urination or sex so I've ruled out an infection...

What could it be? Please help. Its affecting my sex life as well as my relationships with people.

smelly

The fact that you do not have pain during sex does not rule out an infection. This is the likeliest cause of a smelly discharge. See your doctor to assess this and decide the need for treatment.