Question
Posted by: Avi | 2005/07/28

BAD ODOUR

DEAR DOC.

EVERY TIME I URINATE I GET A SHARP "SEWER" SMELL" IT IS ESPECIALLY BAD IN THE MORNING! I ASKED EVERYONE IN THE HOUSEHOLD IF THEY GET THE SAME SMELL BUT THEY SAY NO. CAN YOU GET SUCH A BAD SMELL FROM URINE CAUSE IT SEEMS ITS ONLY HAPPENING TO ME AND IT IS NOT ONLY WHEN I'M AT HOME. PLEASE HELP. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING AND EMBARRISING.

Avi, it might be due to something you ate (like asparagus), and infection or something else. The best would be to have your urine tested and find out what the problem is. Good luck.