Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2004/10/27

bad habits

I need help urgently. My cat (8 months) started doing his bussiness in the house. He started in the bathroom so we now keep the doors closed, and recently he's doing it in the corners of the living room. In every room in the house is an open window for him, but he is to lazy to go out.
What can I do to make him go outside, and stop this bad habit ???
Please help urgently!!!

Hi Jenn
Have you had your cat checked by the vet? In many cases cats that suddenly "forget" their toilet training are suffering from cystitis or other physical conditions. This is probably a call for help and you need to have him checked medically before considering it a behavioural problem. Is he castrated? If not, I would highly recommend it as this can also cause a cat to mark his territory in this way.
Karen Gray-Kilfoil
ANIMAL BEHAVIOURIST

1
Posted by: Carol | 2004/10/27

This is odd a kitty is normaly very clean ... tell me have their being any changes in yr household lately ? a new dog or another cat etc ... and is their a possibility that something is frightening him outside ??

I would suggest u first cover these issues and get him a sand tray .... u are going to have to put pepper in places u dont want him to go and just persist in putting him in his tray ....

Keep an eye on him tho ... if he is urinating a lot it could be an infection

Reply to Carol