Question
Posted by: GS | 2005/12/08

Bad Feelings

Some weeks ago I hurt my best friend's feelings. I realize now that I was wrong. She has always been a very good friend to me. I had no right to ctritize her the way I did. I have apologized for what I said. She said it is fine and I have a right to my opinion.

However I can still feel tension between us. Can we get our carefree friendship back? How do I make it up to my friend? I am so angry with myself. What can I do to make amends? Please advise me.

Its not always as easy as we would like it to be --- she may not intend to hold this against you, but the relationship will pobably remain basically changed. You will probably be able in time to get back to feling comfortabl;t and confident with each other. But if there is anything more you could to to make it up to her, to make amends --- well, only she may be able to answer that one, so you need to continue to discuss this with her