Question
Posted by: PARIS | 2005/07/28

BAD DREAMS

I dont know if any of you experienced these close to your due date, but last night i dreamed i left baby out in the sun and he got sun burnt to a crisp.
The previous night i also had a bad dream regarding baby, but i cant remember what it was about.

Is this normal? I'm starting to worry about being a good enough mom. I am scared now, im so close, and the weeks are flying by now too. I feel really unprepared & anxious.

PARIS
XXX

It sounds like you are experiencing some anxiety. This is normal.

5
Posted by: RT | 2005/07/28

i also had bad dreams with my first but this time around im more relaxed. The doc will do the c-section on the 8 August the moring. I didnt wanted to be on the 8 because by boy's 3 birthday is the 10th. But like i told hubby Ian(my son) is getting a little sister for his birthday.

Reply to RT
Posted by: MH | 2005/07/28

Don't stress to much. You are going to be great in your new position!! Just the fact that you are upset about the dream shows that you will be a wonderful mom. Relax and enjoy the last days.

Reply to MH
Posted by: Henra | 2005/07/28

I also think it is very normal. Just our own insecurities manifesting itself. I remember that when I got married I kept on having funny dreams as well....that my dress looked stunning, but from the back my bum was hanging out - showing my g-string....Ha-ha. Guess this is the same.

You'll be great!

Reply to Henra
Posted by: minime | 2005/07/28

with my first baby i use to have bad dreams since i was scared that i might not be able to cope or know what to do since i had baby and was alone. what was worse is that me and hubby was, very young, felt very alone and people can also tell you things that will scare the hell out of you.

but no one can tell you how to be a good mom, there is no manual and you WILL know what is best for baby. so relax and dont pay attention to those dreams. i am sure you will be a great mom.

Reply to minime
Posted by: samantha | 2005/07/28

The bad dreams are just a manifestation of your anxieties. Do not ponder on them.
And you are going to be a WONDERFUL mom! I know that for sure!

Reply to samantha