Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2004/11/20

bad dream, can it mean anything?

Hi, I need some advise please? Most evenings when I sleep over at my boyfriends place I have bad dreams. The latest one was so bad I actually believed that it was real and I wanted it to be a dream. Thank goodness, it was only a dream. Here it is, I dreamt that I went out with my boyfirend to a house party. Shortly, after arriving my boyfiend had a physical fit. He collapsed and I was freaking out and trying desprately wanting to help him. Then, all of a sudden he was fine and did something very strange. He dissapeared with some blonde girl into the bathroom. He showered with her and then went to have sex with her. I caught them in bed and shouted at my man that he now lost me and I even hit him. That's the end of it. I woke up and was so happy to be laying next to my darling, realizing that none of that was true!
But, here's the strangest part, before we went to sleep, we had our first shower together and then made love.
Does this mean anything? Why do I dream 'bad' things when I sleep over? Is there anything I can do to get over this and have only sweet dreams. I really, really like my boyfriend and trust him to know that he would not cheat on me. HELP

Hi Sandy.
If you've already checked out the archives of this forum, you'll understand my position on dreams --- the great majority of them are actually meaningless, like the patterns in your computer when doing a defrag of your hard-drive, and probably somewhat similar in origins.
We do have among our regular readers, a couple of people much into Dream Interpretation who ( maybe on Monday when they return from the weekend ) will surely give you an interpretation in line with those theories.
If I knew of a secret way to guarantee only sweet dreams, I'd be a very rich man, retuired in luxury on my very own pacific island. Sometimes themes in a dream can represent som ething you've been worrying about without necessarily having thought much about it --- have you had any other reason to fel woried about your bf's state of health ? Or his fidelity ? Or maybe, with things going very well in your relationship, you were musing over things that COULD go wrong enough to spoil it. Dreams don't predict what will happen, so he's likely to stay healthy and faithful, especially with such an excellent friend as you.

1
Posted by: Moose | 2004/11/22

Cheating

To dream that your mate, spouse, or significant other is cheating on you, indicates your fears of being abandoned. You may feel a lack of attention in the relationship. Alternatively, you may feel that you are not measuring up to the expectations of others. This notion may stem from issues of trust or self-esteem. The dream could also indicate that you are unconsciously picking up hints and cues that your significant other is not being completely truthful or is not fully committed in the relationship.

Reply to Moose