Question
Posted by: Shereen Watson | 2008/02/01

bad dog breath

PLEASE can you help. I have a cross bullmastiff / boerboer, she is about 6 years old and has developed a very very bad breath in the last 6 weeks. I have tried brushing her teeth, but this does not help. Is there something I can do to help her.
Shereen Watson, East Rand.

Dear Shereen

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I suggest that you post your question to the online Vet.

1
Posted by: Karen | 2008/02/01

Bad breath comes from bad teeth or tartar build up on the teeth.. if you do not have r1500 to have them cleaned by the vet and If your doggie likes to chew - you need to get her an ostrich bone - you can get them from most pet stores and vets - there is a nice pet hyper in boksburg - they should have them. It is from a real ostrich and my jack russells love them!! and their breath is sweet for a couple of weeks - then i buy a new one.. its a hard bone, so it breaks down the tartar off the teeth about R25 for a bone.. Good luck

Reply to Karen