Question
Posted by: Warren | 2007/08/07

Bad Cough

Hey there doc,

I recently had the flu and had been given medication by my GP about 2 weeks ago. The fever and pain have subsided but the cough is still there. It did subsided for a while but is now back with avengance. It seems to be worse than before and it's really taking a toll on my chest. I'm afraid it might be something bad like a chronic cough.

Please help !

Warren Carr

Dear Warren
If it is just a dry cough this can still be irritated airways post flu but if you are coughing up phlegm you may have bronchitis and need to see your doctor again.