Question
Posted by: Tersia | 2008/05/26

bad circulation

i have always had blood circulation problems i would get ithcy red hot feet and hands in the winter and then i have to keep them out of the blankets at night and as the first cold hits my fingers swell and they are itchy and in not so cold weather my finger tips go white and i cant feel them untill later. But last year it was the worst, i would wake up at night and my whole one side will be numb or it would feel like i have pins and needles in my head and i would feel light headed, can you please tell me if it is my blood circulation and if there is any vit or mineral or something that i can use because it is almost winter. Thank you

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Tersia
It is very difficult to try and make a diagnosis and give advice when one cannot see the patient. You need to make an appointment with your doctor who must examine you and if necessary do tests before they can make a diagnosis and prescribe medication. It does sound as if you may have Reynaud's syndrome (symptoms where the feet and hands get affected by cold weather) and there is medication available, but you first need to see your doctor for a proper evaluation.