Question
Posted by: Saarah | 2004/11/04

bad case of Candida - Is medasphor safe?

It seems that just after my pregnancy was established I have developed very bad candida. At first I thought that it was "normal" in the sense that so many women on this site mentioned discharge and irritation in the vagina during pregnancy. But now my doctor said it's actually a very bad case. How could I have developed this just a day after I found out I was pregnant? He prescribed Medasphor which is an ointment with an applicator I must insert every night for 8 times. On the pamphlet it said that safety in pregnancy has not been established and that pregnant woman shouldnt use it without being told to do so by their doctor. I am at that paranoid stage where I'm so scared I'm going to miscarry and I dont want to do anything that might just jeopardise my pregnancy. Please ladies, anyone whose used this in prenancy advise me? Thanking you very much.

The treatments that are not safe in pregnancy are the tablets, Spronox and Diflucan. You can use the cream. Be careful not to insert the applicator too high up in the vagina.

1
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/05

Medaspor is entirely safr during pregnacy. Have been using it myself during my first as well as my now second pregnacy.

Reply to Jj@