Question
Posted by: Ness | 2007/03/05

Bad Breath

I have met such a wonderful man and we have been seeing each other for a few weeks now. The problem is his bad breath. Everytime we start getting intimate it is over powering. How do I tell him without upsetting him?

There's no way to tell him without being somewhat upsetting, but he eneds to know --- and he will be far more deeply hurt when someone else tells him much less kindly than you.

14
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/06

Okay, jokes aside -- you sure he does not have a medical problem like diabetes or something -- cuz diabetics that do not have their sugar right or not know it really have dragon breath.

Or he could have an indection or abcess in his mouth -- ask me, I had an abcess and two courses of antibiotics never took it away. My dentist was away and I was given the meds -- when he got back my abcess was so big I had to lose 2 teeth so that they could fix the abcess. And I was sick and off work for a week with it.

But check it out.

Reply to RMC
Posted by: rocky | 2007/03/05

please don't take this the wrong way, but the chewing gum business is a temporary solution, but for temporal intimacy you may try it, but i don't think it is fair that you don't think he is strong enought to handle the truth, if he is a man like you say he is, try speaking to him in a nice way because that is a condition that can be solved, i can get you the information on who to speak to if you want, and i am not talking traditional healers but medical doctors not that there is anything wrong the T healers of course

Reply to rocky
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/05

EEEUGH! I won't suggest offering him a pedicure.....

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Joy | 2007/03/05

You dont have it that bad! LOL!!! a friend of mine's man's FEET SMELL!!..and there's almost no way she can solve that one without offending him!..Not like she can wash her feet and be like 'hey babe, come join me!" they've only been dating 3months..so it's still too soon to be so direct!

Reply to Joy
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/05

That's what happens when you have to sit and print 50 zillion business plans and things from the boss' computer and compile them there and need to do something to pass away the time........

Wish I could be standing in for the cyberchef today, I'm hungry....

Reply to RMC
Posted by: HAHAHA | 2007/03/05

ECHELLE AND RMC IS STANDING IN FOR HIM TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to HAHAHA
Posted by: Ness | 2007/03/05

Thanks for all your advice guys and gals. I will give the mint a try. What worries me is that I have one and he does not feel like one.....it will be ten times worse...

By the way, where is cybershrik?

Reply to Ness
Posted by: RMC | 2007/03/05

Feed him a nice garlicy meal so you have an excuse to give him the mints.

Or eat a mint yourself and offer him one or two so it does not seem like it is directed at him.

From me who lurves garlic and whose dh hates it......

Reply to RMC
Posted by: Man | 2007/03/05

I'm sure it may dampen my spirits to be given such a gum. I'll defintely get the message but it won't be that sweet now. How do you do that without breking my esteem?

Reply to Man

Give him 3 mint chewing gums before you start kissing.

Posted by: SR | 2007/03/05

Ness = Good, hold out long enough to suss him out good and solid and best wishes to you, hope it works out

Reply to SR
Posted by: Ness | 2007/03/05

LOL on the plus side I have never held out for so long on doing the naughty and girls... I have never been treated so well. There must be a connection...

And no he does not smoke.

Reply to Ness
Posted by: Ness | 2007/03/05

Thanks SR. I will give it a try.

Reply to Ness
Posted by: SR | 2007/03/05

Ness - Have strong chewing gum handy and offer him one. Does he smoke? The realationship is relatively new so he may be eager to please. Get him into a positive routine now.

Reply to SR