Question
Posted by: honest 24 | 2005/06/30

backswing

i am an honest 24...i am finishing my rugby career and starting to play golf...i play off a 24 and shoot on average 98-100 per round of golf...my main problem is my backswing is very short and being a big guy i have a big follow through...i tee off with a 4 iron and go about 180 metres or so...if i could get my backswing to go further back, i could get more distance...any advice.

Expert ImageArchive

The back swing is all about coiling up your body and creating the muscle tension or torque needed to release a powerful downswing.

The number one back swing rule number one - Don’t get in a hurry! A hurried back swing doesn’t make the downswing any faster. I think it may be just the opposite. You’ve got to remember that somewhere at the top of that back swing, you’ve got to change and go the exact opposite direction.

The speed of your back swing should be at a steady tempo, not real fast or real slow. The tendency is to go too fast.

By slowing down your backswing you will probably lengthen your backswing and in the process hit the ball further

Golf Expert

1
Posted by: honest 24 | 2005/06/30

sorry...just to add to that...all my drives are always down the middle of the fairway and dead strait...i never veer off into the rough...

Reply to honest 24