Question
Posted by: African Queen | 2004/11/09

Backside augmentation

I have an african trade mark, I would really like to have reduced. I need to know exactly what this will entail, the costs and after treatment. If you can also recommend some of the best plastic surgeons for the job.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear African Queen,

Contact the Association of Plastic Surgeons for a referral, as I may not recommend plastic surgeons. Their website is www.plasticsurgeons.co.za

The procedure in most cases involves liposuction to all the affected areas. It would be recommended that you first lose all excess weight you might have. During the procedure, which can be done under conscious sedation or local anaesthetic, excess fat is removed by using tiny suction cannulas. It is important to know that the modern technique used to do this is extremely safe, and results in very little blood loss. You would be required to wear a surgical pressure garment for at least 6 weeks after surgery.

Your plastic surgeon will be able to supply you with a cost estimate.